Dream Cheeky will help you know How To Fix Pork Steak 2022: Should Read
Home » Mains » Baked Pork Steak Recipe
Baked Pork Steak Recipe – tender and juicy pork shoulder steaks, lightly browned on the stove top and then cooked in the oven together with mushrooms and onions for a quick and effortless meal. Very easy to make and delicious. Keto and low-carb.
Learn how to prepare, season and cook boneless pork shoulder steaks in the oven. The final result is marbled pork meat with intense flavor and caramelized mushrooms and onions. Low-Carb and Keto one pan meal.
Tender pork is not only cooked in a crock pot, grill or smoker. Now you can make pork steaks in the oven, following this very simple recipe.
Pork butt or shoulder is not only intended to be cooked in the slow cooker, until falling apart. This cut of meat makes amazing, marbled and juicy pork steaks. Next time grocery shopping, make sure you ask your butcher for some boneless or bone-in pork shoulder steaks.
For more info about the cut of meat, check this recipe out.
What ingredients do you need to make pork steak in the oven?
- pork shoulder steak
- olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder (optional)
- thyme (optional)
- red wine (optional), can use water or vegetable stock
Pork steak recipe
The fist step is to cook the pork on the stove top to slightly brown the outside and then finish cooking in the oven.
- Purchase the pork steak. Preferably boneless pork shoulder steak.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder (optional).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add pork steak and cook for 2 minutes per side until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pork chops back to the pan. Add wine (water or stock could be substituted). Add more salt, pepper and thyme. Cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add the pan to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, covered.
Can you eat pork meat rare?
While different researches have shown that good cuts of pork could be safely consumed rare, I personally wouldn’t eat them, unless cooked to a safe temperature of at least 145 F.
Even if cooked through, the meat from pork steaks and even some cuts of chops stays pink on the inside.
What to serve pork with?
I cooked this Baked Pork Steak Recipe together with some mushrooms and onions, but keep in mind, that you can just cook the steak as it is, without any vegetables. Peppers or other firm vegetables could also be added.
Side dishes that work well with pork steak are cabbage salad or any fresh salad, potatoes and steamed or grilled vegetables.
What is the best seasoning for marbled pork steaks?
If you don’t cook pork often, you may be wondering how to season pork chops or steaks.
Just salt and black pepper will be fine in this recipe.
I added just a little garlic powder and paprika, which are totally optional.
Thyme brings some freshness to the recipe.
Other seasoning you may use for pork steaks:
- onion powder
- chili powder
- brown sugar
- lemon juice
- ranch seasoning
More Pork Recipes:
- Baked Bone-In Pork Chops
- How To Cook Pork Shoulder Steak Recipe
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe