Dream Cheeky will help you know How To Fix Blind Spot System Fault 2022: Things To Know
Blind spot information system on Ford F-150 detects vehicles that may have entered the blind spot zone.
Blind spot information system uses sensors on both sides of Ford F-150, detecting rearward from the exterior mirrors to approximately 13 ft (4 m) beyond the rear bumper.
The detection area extends to approximately 59 ft (18 m) beyond the rear bumper when the vehicle speed is greater than 30 mph (48 km/h) to alert you of faster approaching vehicles.
Switching BLIS on and off
You can enable or disable blind spot information system via the SYNC 4 infotainment system settings on F-150.
- Select Features on the center touchscreen.
- Select Driver Assistance.
- Switch Blind Spot Information System on or off.
When you switch blind spot information system off, a warning lamp illuminates and a message displays. When you switch the system on or off, the alert indicators flash twice.
The system remembers the last setting when you start your vehicle.
Which Ford F-150 models have BLIS?
Blind spot information system is part of Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 package which is standard on XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited variants.
The base XL trim does not come with BLIS as standard, but it can be equipped for a price.
- Blind spot information system does not operate in park (P) or reverse (R).
- The system may not alert you if a vehicle quickly passes through the detection zone.
- Blind spot information system does not prevent contact with other vehicles. It does not detect parked vehicles, pedestrians, animals or other infrastructure.
- The system may not operate properly F-150 during severe weather conditions, for example snow, ice, heavy rain and spray. Always drive with due care and attention.
Blind spot information system turns on when all the following occur:
- You start your vehicle.
- You shift into drive (D).
- The vehicle speed is greater than 6 mph (10 km/h).
BLIS sensor location
The blind spot information system sensors are inside F-150’s brake lights on both sides of the vehicle.
Keep the sensors free from snow, ice and large accumulations of dirt. Do not cover the sensors with bumper stickers, repair compound or other objects.
Blocked sensors may affect system accuracy. If the sensors become blocked, a message appears in the instrument cluster display. The alert indicators illuminate but the system does not alert you.
When blind spot information system on Ford F-150 detects a vehicle, an alert indicator illuminates in the exterior mirror on the side the approaching vehicle is coming from. If you turn the turn signal on for that side of your vehicle, the alert indicator flashes.
Messages on information display:
Blind Spot System Fault: A fault with the system has occurred. Have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.
Blind Spot Not Available Sensor Blocked: Something is blocking the sensors. Clean the sensors.
Blind Spot Alert Deactivated Trailer Attached: The system automatically turns off and displays this message when you connect a trailer to the vehicle that does not have a trailer blind spot system or when you switch the trailer blind spot system off through the touchscreen.