- Dream Cheeky
Changing the background on your Xbox One is a simple process that can be completed in a few minutes. In this article, Dreamcheeky will show you how to change Xbox One background. We will cover the different ways you can do this, as well as how to personalize your background with your own images.
- 1 How To Change Xbox One Background
- 2 Why Can’t I Change My Xbox Picture?
- 3 Is It Possible To Resize An Image?
- 4 How To Set A Custom Background on Xbox One or Series X
- 5 How to Set and Change Dynamic Backgrounds on Xbox
- 6 How Can I Change the Dimensions of A Picture?
- 7 Use Xbox One Dark and Light Themes
- 8 How to Change the Background on Your Xbox One To Create Achievement Art
- 9 How to Add the Original Xbox Background to Your Series X/s
- 10 Take A Screenshot or Create Achievement Art
- 11 Using Xbox One Pins Shortcuts
- 12 How to Customize Your Background in Xbox Series X/S
How To Change Xbox One Background
As with any other phone or computer, custom backgrounds are a great way to personalize Xbox One. Microsoft offers custom backgrounds for the Home menu. This is located behind the main user interface. The Xbox Fall 2017 Update’s “Fluent design” update has added transparency, which allows the background to influence the feel of the console.
A saved image can be used to create a background. This can be done by connecting an external USB drive. These are the steps for creating and using your custom background image on Xbox One.
- Find a custom image to use as a background using a PC. A 16:9 aspect ratio is recommended, with a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. The image should be saved in JPG and PNG format.
- This image can be transferred to a USB storage device.
- Connect the USB storage device directly to your device.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose the Personalization tab.
- When the image is fullscreen, press Menu.
- Select Set as your background
There are many other sources that can be used to create custom backgrounds for Xbox One, such as captured screenshots, dedicated apps, and Xbox Achievement art.
Why Can’t I Change My Xbox Picture?
A violation of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct could be why you are unable to modify your gamer picture. The Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team will ensure that the player is fully informed if they violate the Microsoft Services Agreement or Code of Conduct.
Is It Possible To Resize An Image?
Open your image in Irfanview, click Image * Resize/Resample, and you can resize or resample it. Click this to open a popup window. To use resample you will need to enter the desired image size in Set Image Size. Next, select Size from the Size Method.
How To Set A Custom Background on Xbox One or Series X
These steps will allow you to set a background image for Xbox One or Series X.
- Open Settings.
- Connect a USB flash stick with an image.
- Click the link to select the flash drive.
- Click on the A button to select the background image you wish to use.
- You can set a background for Xbox Series X and One
- You can adjust the transparency slider to make the tiles more transparent to see the custom background.
- To select the color scheme that best matches your background, click the My color option.
After you have completed the steps, your home dashboard will not reflect the custom background that you have selected.
To keep providing free content, we may be compensated if you make a purchase through our links. Information about privacy.
This site contains no warranty, either express or implied. You are responsible for any use of the information. Before making any changes, make sure to back up your files and devices.
How to Set and Change Dynamic Backgrounds on Xbox
It is easy to change the background of your Xbox.
Open your Settings by clicking the sidebar menu link that appears after you press the Xbox button. It will be located under the Profile & System tab.
Keep on Settings and choose Personalization. It is the TV icon that has a brush stroking across the screen.
Select Personalization and then My Background. You’ll see the Dynamic Backgrounds option at the bottom. You’ll be able to select from 12 different dynamic backgrounds.
S to take in the digital magic. Most Xbox users are familiar with the Waves background. These backgrounds are also available:
- Waves Faded: An easier to dissolve and lighter version of Waves.
- Spotlight Ultraviolet: A soft purple hue gives off a cozy vibe.
- Spotlight Midnight: A lemon-lime or blue version of Spotlight.
- Spotlight Deja Goo: Spotlight with more orange or blue
- Ribbons: These ribbons are worn with Treks and have a smooth design and a hint of your console’s color.
- Ripple: A familiar water drop/ripple effect, with a slight blur.
- Motes: Looks like slow-moving starlight.
- The Original: A exact replica of the original Xbox menu.
- Mercury: Soft and oily texture
- Games Pass: A combination of abstract stairs, Q*bert, and arcade games.
- Halo Infinite: The Halo Infinite Cover with Master Chief standing in front of you.
How Can I Change the Dimensions of A Picture?
- Preview can be used for opening image files.
- You can adjust the screen size by selecting Tools from the menu bar.
- A window should exist
- You will find three text fields on the left side, labeled Width, and Height.
- Once you are done, click OK.
Read more: How To Adjust Screen Size On Xbox One?
Use Xbox One Dark and Light Themes
Your Xbox One’s feel will be affected by the theme you choose. The light theme, which is a complete overhaul of the Xbox One OS, favors lighter colors and whites, which allows for better visibility in brighter environments. The dark theme uses blacks and dark greys. This can make it easier to see once the sunsets. Here are the steps to switch between dark and light themes on the console.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose the Personalization tab.
- Choose the theme and motion tile.
- Select a System theme.
- Choose from Light or Dark.
Microsoft offers an option to adjust your system’s theme according to the time of day. This gives you more flexibility.
How to Change the Background on Your Xbox One To Create Achievement Art
Click “Achievement Art” on the “My background & color” settings page.
Browse through the list to see which games have achieved achievements.
After selecting a game, scroll down through its achievements and click on any achievement with the artwork that you like. Click “Set as Background” to save the settings.
Read also: How To Change Your Real Name On Xbox App?
How to Add the Original Xbox Background to Your Series X/s
The Xbox blog announced in a May 2021 post that the company had added a new dynamic background called Motes to the Xbox Series X/S.
Since the launch of the console, dynamic backgrounds have been available. They add some color and motion to your home screen. Motes’ new background uses moving green orbs to achieve this effect.
Motes is part of the Xbox’s latest console patch. This update makes the Xbox Quick Resume function even more useful.
Microsoft added a dynamic background called The Original. Your current-generation console will have the same appearance as the original Xbox 2000, which featured the iconic geometric design. It’s just a background. But, there’s something special about looking at it again in 2021.
Make sure your console is updated before you can get the new background. Next, open Settings>General > Personalization >My background > Dynamic background. Finally, select The Original.
Take A Screenshot or Create Achievement Art
A screenshot or piece of achievement art can also be used to create a background for your Xbox One. Double-tapping on the Xbox button and hitting “Y” will take screenshots. Achievement artwork is saved each time you unlock it in-game. These are how to use them to improve your dash.
- Double-tap the X button on the controller and then move the joystick to the cogwheel.
- Select all settings
- Select Personalization.
- Select My Color & Background.
- You can now choose to use Achievement art, Custom images using a networked drive, or Screenshots.
- Once you’ve found the image that you want to use, click the A button and then select it.
Using Xbox One Pins Shortcuts
Pins are like shortcuts for a computer. They allow you to quickly access up to 40 items in the Home or Guide menus. Pins are a great way to quickly filter hundreds of games from your library. You’ll first need to decide which items you use the most before you can use Pins.
- Open My apps and games with your Xbox One.
- Place your cursor over a game or application to pin.
- To access additional options, press Menu.
- Select Add to Pins.
These steps should be repeated for any other apps or games you want to add.
How to Customize Your Background in Xbox Series X/S
- Sign in to your Microsoft account if your console is not configured to do this automatically.
- Press the view button of your controller.
- Select My background and color from the home screen.
- Choose the image or screenshot that you wish to use.
- Once you have selected the image, the background will appear wherever you go on the home screen.
You now know how to personalize your background in Xbox Series X/S so you can add that animated touch you desire to your console.