- Dream Cheeky
Why does Roblox Keep Saying An Error Occurred While Starting?
This error message is common for Roblox players who have a slow Internet connection. This can be caused by problems in your ISP or network configuration.
Users report experiencing this problem after they change their router settings. It is possible that they have blocked Roblox access by mistake. In this case, a simple reset of default should be sufficient.
It is possible, however, that your Proxy settings block access to the app or that your Internet Protocol Suite is corrupt.
Roblox servers may also be down. In this case, you’ll need to wait until they fix the problem. To check if there is an outage, you can visit the Roblox Downdetector Page.
Antiviruses and firewalls from third-party apps can also cause interference. Make sure to adjust your security settings.
How To Fix An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox
Reset Your Router
Roblox users have reported that the simple fix of resetting your router works. Roblox is dependent on a network connection in order to function. It’s therefore not surprising that a router reset can resolve the error while beginning message. To reset your router, press the reset button.
Deselect the Proxy Server Setting
- Roblox users can get Roblox up and running by deactivating the proxy server setting on Windows PC. For Windows 10, click Cortana’s Type here to Search button on the taskbar.
- To open the Network Status window, type the keyword Internet options below.
- Click the Connections tab
- Click the LAN Settings button
- If you have selected the Use proxy servers for your LAN option, deactivate it.
- To close the window, click the OK button
Reset TCP-IP with Netsh
- Enter cmd in your taskbar to open the Command prompt
- Enter the following command
- netsh int IP reset c:esetlo.txt
- Press Enter.
- Wait for the Command Prompt message to complete before you restart your computer.
The corrupt Internet Protocol Suite, commonly known as TCP/IP, can also cause this error. You can then restart Roblox by using the command below.
Turn Off Antivirus Software
Roblox requires a connection in order to work. It could be that your third-party antivirus software is blocking Roblox. This can be prevented by turning off anti-virus software.
Many anti-virus utilities offer disabling options in their system tray context menus. You can choose to temporarily disable the anti-virus software.
You can also choose to disable all anti-virus programs via the primary windows. Navigate to the main window of your anti-virus utility and look through its settings menu. You will likely find a disabled option or a turn-off option.
Add Roblox to the Windows Firewall’s Allowed Apps List
Roblox’s error while starting was possible due to Windows Defender Firewall. Users have been able to fix the problem by adding Roblox to the Windows Defender Firewall’s permitted apps list. This is how Roblox can be added to Windows 10’s firewall’s permitted apps list.
First, you will need to modify Windows Defender Firewall settings in an admin account. Log in to your admin account if you need.
- In the taskbar search box, type Windows Defender Firewall and click the button to open the panel.
- To open the screenshot directly below, select Allow an app through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click the Change settings button.
- To open the Add app window, press the Allow another app button.
- Click Browse to Add Roblox.
- To add Roblox to your apps list, press the Add button.
- You must make sure Roblox is selected in both the Allowed Apps list checkboxes.
- Next, click on the OK button.
Roblox can be reinstalled to fix some of its errors. You may have caused the app to become corrupted over time. A fresh reinstall will fix that.
- To open the Add or Remove Programs settings panel, type add or remove into the taskbar.
- Select Roblox and click the Uninstall button.
Wait for the process complete before you reboot your computer.
Roblox files can be deleted using a dedicated uninstaller program. This software will locate and delete any registry entries.
- Open the Microsoft Store app, search Roblox, and you can reinstall it.
- Click on the file and choose Install. Wait for the installation to finish and then launch it again.
Check the Roblox server status.
An error occurred while you were trying to start Roblox. This is usually caused by a connection issue. The first thing you should do is ensure that Roblox servers work properly. If you have persistent server problems, there are many indicators that can be looked into.
If you have trouble joining a game, but it also takes too long to access the Roblox website or your app to load, this is the most obvious sign.
An error message, such as “Error occurred while trying to start Roblox”, is another indicator.
Check more our related post: How To Accept Friend Request On Xbox One Roblox
Power cycle your network devices.
Once you have confirmed that Roblox is working properly, you can reboot your router, modem and any other network equipment. Refreshing the system is a good way to resolve connection problems caused by network bugs. You must ensure that the router or modem is completely turned off by disconnecting it from power for at least 30 seconds.
Run Roblox As Administartor.
Roblox might not have the right permissions to access your computer’s files. This can be fixed by running Roblox as an administrator.
To become an administrator of Roblox, follow these steps:
- Go to your desktop on your computer and click Roblox.
- Next, select Properties to access the Compatibility tab.
- Finally, you can enable the “Run this Program As an Administrator” option and save your changes.
- After the launch, open Roblox to verify that Roblox is working on your system.
Flush Your DNS.
The ‘an error occurred while trying to start Roblox’ issue could also be caused by a corrupted DNS cache. This can be fixed by flushing the DNS cache with the Command Prompt.
Here are some ways to flush your DNS.
- To open the Quick Access menu, use the Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
- Next, click Command Prompt (Admin), to launch CMD.
- To open the run the command, simply type “ipconfig/flushdns” and hit Enter.
- Restart your computer after flushing your DNS.
Allow Roblox Through Your Firewall.
Windows Defender Firewall, a security feature that protects your operating system from malicious applications, is what Windows Defender Firewall does. Your firewall might be blocking Roblox from accessing your network if Roblox does not launch on your computer.
This can be fixed by following the steps below. Roblox will now be able to access your firewall.
- Go to Windows Settings on your computer and click Update & Security.
- Open the Windows Security tab to access the Firewall & Network Protection tab.
- Click on Allow an app through Firewall to locate Roblox.
- Finally, make sure that the platform has access to both your Private Networks and Public Networks.
After you have finished, go back to Roblox to see if your problem has been solved.
Your current version of Windows may not work with Roblox. This scenario can be avoided by ensuring that your computer is running the most recent version of Windows.
Roblox is a game that updates automatically every time you launch it.
Follow these steps to update Windows.
- To press the Windows Settings, use the Windows + I keys on your keyboard.
- Click on Update & Security after that.
- Next, visit Windows Update and click Check for Updates.
Follow the prompts on the screen to install the update. To see if the error message still appears, run Roblox again.
You can consult our Windows Update troubleshooting guide if you are having issues with Windows Update.
Sometimes you can face same error like error code, don’t worry, check here:
- How To Fix Error Code 268 Roblox
- How To Fix Error Code 279 Roblox On Phone
- How To Fix Error 524 Roblox
- How To Fix Roblox Bad Request Error
Here we give you the guide that we are talking about above. It is very useful in some cases. When you have understood, Dreamcheeky hopes it will be easier for you to solve an error that occurred while staring at Roblox. If you still have any questions, you can ask me directly. If you like this post, share it with your friends. Thank you for reading!