There are a few possible explanations for the error code 268 that can occur when playing Roblox. It could be due to a problem with the game itself or with the device you’re using to play it. In either case, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to fix this problem.
- 1 What Is Roblox Error Code 268?
- 2 The Cause the Error Code 268 in Roblox
- 3 How to Fix Error Code 268 Roblox
- 4 Reinstalling the Game
- 5 Conclusion
What Is Roblox Error Code 268?
Roblox error 268 is a server-client disconnection error that occurs when ROBLOX clients fail to send required ports to join a server. It signifies that the error code is caused by a bad internet connection.
You are not the only one getting the Roblox Error Code 268, which states that you were kicked out of Roblox for unanticipated client behavior. Roblox users have to deal with this frustrating error.
These error messages are common for users to encounter:
- “You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior. (Error Code: 268)”
- “You have been kicked by the server. Please close and rejoin another game (Error Code: 268)”
This is very disappointing as the error message does not explain what happened. It is not clear if an error will occur. Roblox error code 268 could be caused by many different factors.
The Cause the Error Code 268 in Roblox
Roblox error code 268 may occur for the following reasons.
For any issues, check the Roblox server. Roblox error 268 occurs when the server is under maintenance or experiencing an unexpected shutdown. This is a common error that Roblox users experience. If it is, you have no other options than to wait for developers to resolve the issue.
Corrupted files in your game. This error message may be a sign that your game’s integrity is not being maintained. This error message is caused by a problem with your game’s file integrity.
You’re using cheat engines. This error can be caused by cheat engines for Roblox. This error can be fixed by simply deleting and uninstalling the cheat software and then reinstalling Roblox.
Problems with your browser. Sometimes, you may also encounter this error code when playing Roblox directly from your browser. You can also choose to use the Roblox app. The app makes the game more stable than the browser.
Third-party interference. Conflict with third-party apps can also cause this error. This can cause problems while you’re playing the game. It is necessary to uninstall the conflicting program from your computer and then verify that the problem is solved.
Problems with internet settings. This error code may appear in certain situations due to the way that Internet Explorer stores cached data. Clearing the cache settings in internet options will fix this.
Roblox error code 268 could be triggered by any of the listed reasons. It is possible for more than one reason to occur. To resolve this error, you can check out the solutions below.
- Check out our post if you are facing Roblox error when starting it: how to fix an error occurred while starting roblox
How to Fix Error Code 268 Roblox
Checking for a Server Issue
Before you attempt any of the possible fixes below, make sure you first check if the game is experiencing a server issue.
Services like Is TheServiceDown and DownDetector can help you verify the status of Roblox’s servers. You can access this page to see if there are any other players on the same platform you see the error code.
If you find out that the game developers are busy fixing server issues, wait a few hours before launching Roblox again.
If this does not reveal any server issues, you can move on to the next step.
Uninstalling the Cheat / Exploit Software
This problem can also happen if you try to exploit (or have used) a cheat engine or exploit when playing Roblox. Roblox developers often patch new exploits using patches without creating error codes.
If Roblox is experiencing this problem, you can uninstall the Roblox exploit or cheat and restart the game.
Note: If the exploit you used previously has changed game files, you’ll need to reinstall it before you can resolve the problem.
This is a step-by-step guide to uninstalling Roblox’s exploit or cheat software.
- To open a Run dialog box, press Windows + R. Next, enter “appwiz.cpl” in the text box. Finally, Click Enter to open the Programs and Features menu.
- Scroll down the Programs and Features menu until you find Roblox’s software exploit. Right-click on the exploit to uninstall it from the context menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstallation. Then, restart your computer.
- After the startup is completed, launch Roblox again to see if Roblox kicks you with the 268 error code.
Note: If an exploit tool or cheat engine was previously installed on your game files, you could repeat steps 1 through 3 with the main Roblox app to remove it completely. Next, go to the official channels to reinstall your game.
If you continue to experience this or if this method is not suitable for your situation, then move on to the next possible solution.
Reinstalling the Game
If you are experiencing this issue on your Xbox Live console, it is very likely that the problem is caused by inconsistency or bad installation. Most cases of this type are reported after an Xbox One console is shut down during an update.
This error is most likely due to game data corruption.
Follow these instructions to resolve this issue:
- To open the guide menu, press the Xbox One button on the controller.
- Next, you can use the guide menu for the My Games & Apps Menu.
- Scroll down the Games & Apps menu to locate Roblox.
- Once you have seen it, select it with your controller and then press the Start key to open the Manage game menu.
- After you have reached the Manage game menu, click the link to select Uninstall all. This will allow you to uninstall the base and any updates or add-ins.
- Once the game has been uninstalled completely, restart your console and follow the official channels to reinstall Roblox.
If the problem persists, you can move on to the next solution.
Using the UWP Roblox app (Windows 10 Only)
If none of these solutions work for you, and you still see this error on Windows 10, you may be able to bypass it entirely by migrating to Roblox UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app.
This worked for many users who were experiencing random disconnections with the 268 error code while playing on their browser.
This is a quick guide to installing and using Roblox’s official UWP app on Windows 10.
- To download Roblox UWP, visit the official website and click the Get button.
Note: You can also open the Windows Store locally to search for Roblox via the integrated search function.
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft Store window once the download is complete. Click the Play button to launch the UWP version after you’ve arrived.
- Next, sign in using your credentials to log into your account.
- Next, navigate to the Game tab. Launch any mode that you like and check if the error code is resolved.
If the problem persists, you can move on to the next possible solution.
Disabling Antivirus Suite (if applicable)
According to reports, a third-party program could be causing the problem. Overprotective antivirus is the most common culprit. This prevents your end-user device (PC or mobile device, console, etc.) from communicating with Roblox servers. This could cause the server to terminate your account and display the 268 error code.
Most commonly, this issue is reported to be with antivirus programs running on Windows 10/11. This includes AVG, Avira and Kaspersky. This issue can be fixed by disabling real-time protection.
Many security programs allow you to disable real-time protection directly from the Taskbar and tray icons. Click on the antivirus icon and then choose the option to temporarily disable real-time protection.
This is not possible if you are using the native security suite. You can temporarily disable Windows Defender if you use it to stop it interfering in Roblox.
- To open the Run dialog box, press Windows + R keys.
- To launch Windows Security Menu, type windows defender into the text box.
- Click on the Virus and threat protection tab. Next, click on Manage settings hyperlink.
- The toggle for Firewall & Network Protection should be turned off.
- Click on Firewall & Network Protection to return to the Windows Security window.
- To disable Windows Defender’s toggle, click on the active network.
- Restart your computer after this. Launch the game again to confirm that the problem is solved.
Delete Personal Settings from Internet Options
If you have reached this point after trying every possible solution, it is very likely that your network problems are caused by inconsistency.
Users who were having the same problem claimed that they were able to fix it by going to the Internet Options menu.. This will reset the Internet
Explorer to its default settings. This shouldn’t be an issue if you aren’t actively using the tool.
Here is a quick guide to deleting personal settings from Internet Options.
- To open a Run dialog box, press Windows + R. Next, enter ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the text box. Finally, press Enter to open the Internet Options menu.
- Select the Advanced tab from the Internet Properties menu. Next, click the Reset button (under Reset Internet Explorer settings).
- Next, check the box for Delete personal settings. Click Reset to continue the process.
- After this operation is completed, launch Roblox again to see if it is working.
Clear DNS resolver Cache
This is only for Windows users. To refresh your DNS cache, follow the steps below:
- As Administrator, run Command Prompt
- Type ipconfig/ flushdns, and hit Enter
- Enter netsh Winsock reset into the search box and hit Enter.
- Type the following DNS in Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Setting > Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Preferred DNS server 22.214.171.124
- Alternate DNS Server: 4.4.4
Try restarting your computer.
If you still have error 268 on Roblox, please follow the steps below. Roblox lag can be fixed in seconds to make your game more fluid and faster. Roblox fps unlocker can also be used to increase your fps.
Try Playing From Server
Go to Google Chrome and visit the Roblox webpage if the application is having problems. Log in to your account and start playing from the servers.
Roblox does not allow direct access to its servers after the latest update. If this is the case, download the latest version of Roblox and log in as an administrator.
An error code 268 is a computer error that is caused by a problem with the Roblox software. We hope this guide can help you deal with your issue. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.