Dream Cheeky will help you know Bad Lash Lift How To Fix 2022: Full Guide
We all are addicted to those self-haircut videos that go horribly wrong. The most amazing part is when the realization dawns on their face that they made a mistake. It’s the same with pimple popping videos that make you squirm but you still watch them.
The thing is ― you can hide your bad haircut with some well-placed accessories. In fact, some chicks can even rock a boy cut or go for a Charlize Theron Mad Max look. As for the pimples, if you accidentally popped them, you can cover the signs with makeup.
However, when a lash lift goes wrong, there’s nothing you can do except waiting. No amount of applying the nourishing solution will fix the mess. Simply let your lashes rest for a few weeks and then you can give them a second try.
To make sure that your next try with the lash lift kit goes right, following are the mistakes you need to avoid:
1. The Lashes Over Curled After A While
As a novice, using the at home lash lift kit is an easy and cheap way to get beautiful lashes. However, it’s possible that after using the kit for the first time, you might not get the desired results. If your lashes looked spot on after the treatment and then over curled after a while, then you rushed one of the steps.
The culprit ― the adhesive which wasn’t washed out properly!
Most people believe that water ruins the lash lift. In some cases, this is true. The lashes will lose their perm if you wash your face with hot water. The second solution applied to the lashes to give them shape is the one that needs to be rinsed thoroughly. The reason your lashes over curled is because the glue was left in the cracks. As it dried further, the shape of the lashes changed.
The good news is that this can be easily fixed. All you need to do is give your lashes a swipe with the cleanser, apply the nourishing lotion, and for removing the glue from the eyelid, run a warm, damp cotton swab along your eyelid a few times to help loosen the glue. and you will be good to go.
2. The Lashes Are Fused Together
If your lashes are fused together, then sorry to be the bearer of bad news ― no amount of cleaning them will fix the problem. Your only option is to get a keratin lash lift, which uses cysteine. The perming agent in this treatment removes the frizz and kinks from your lashes.
Cysteine raises your lash’s pH level and opens the hair scales. This gently lifts and separates them. Since cysteine is activated by heat, the moment the pressure is released, the lashes return to their natural state. After infusing them with a keratin treatment, the lashes get their strength back and become hydrated.
After a few weeks, you can try your lash perm kit again. This brings us to our next mistake and how you can avoid it:
3. The Lashes Are Crossed and Crinkled
This mistake usually happens when the adhesive is removed and the second solution is applied. Any glue residue left behind might cause the rest of the treatment to go wrong. Here’s what you should do:
- When applying the adhesive, separate the lashes into three sections
- Use the rod to apply the solution upward and straight
- Separate them after a few seconds if you see them sticking together
- It’s possible that when you are applying the second solution from the lash lift kit, the lashes might have shifted. So give them a touch up one more time before wiping off the glue
In most cases, it’s always the glue that causes the problem. So, be extra careful with it and everything will be alright.
4. The Silicone Pads Are Not Sticking Properly
If this happens and you still continue with your lash lift then it’s possible that you might accidentally rip off your eyelashes. The silicone pads keep moving because your eyelids were not cleaned properly. The oil residue makes the surface slippery and as a result, you might also face inconsistency when applying the adhesive. Another solution you can use any tape you have on your eyelid and apply the glue and pads on it, in this way you will protect your eyelid from the glue, it’s more easy to apply the pads and have more control.
5. The Curl Looks Uneven
Previously, we mentioned that if the glue is not applied and removed properly, the lashes might over curl or look crinkled. Another mistake that destroys the shape of your lashes is the placement of the lifting pad. If the pad is placed below the lash line, then the lashes will curl just from the tips.
The pad should be placed right on the lash line so that all the lashes are curled evenly.
6. The Lashes Didn’t Lift
Most people rush through the process, which is why their lashes don’t curl properly. The two solutions that should be given extra attention and time are the adhesive and the perm lotion. If any of these solutions are removed too early, the lashes don’t absorb the ingredients properly.
If this happens, wait for a week and then try again. However, this time make sure that you apply the solution properly.
Note: If your lashes are thick, it doesn’t mean that you should over apply the solution. This will again destroy the lift.
7. How to Fix Over Permed Eyelashes
- Using a spoolie, apply perm solution to the lashes that are too curly. Brush from the roots down the ends and add more perm solution as you go. Continue this step until the over permed lashes begin to straighten out. It shouldn’t take more than 2 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the perm solution using a cotton pad to soak it off your eyelashes. Do not pull on your eyelashes while doing this. Pressing the cotton pad gently on top of your lashes will usually do the trick.
- Using another spoolie, apply a nourishing oil to your lashes. Brush gently from the roots down the ends.
- If you’ve done everything correctly, you’ll notice that your eyelashes have relaxed a bit. You will still have curls in your lashes.
- Use the spoolie to get your lashes a final brush and curl them the way you want.
When using the lash lift kit, the key to getting long natural lashes is to take your time and follow instructions to the letter. Some of these mistakes can be easily fixed as mentioned above. As for the ones that cause too much damage, only time will fix them. The good news is that even if your lash lift goes wrong, it won’t do any lasting damage. Refrain from speeding up the healing process with DIY hacks. Wipe them with the cleanser one more time and let the lashes breathe for a month.
To get your hands on a lash perm kit, visit the website Nicky Lashes. Their Home Edition Kit offers an easy and safe method of getting beautiful lashes at home that last for 8 WEEKS.