If your Moto G’s battery not charging, it may not respond to simple charging or may not turn on. In this case, leave the phone overnight without connecting to the charger. After this time, the phone should respond after 30 minutes of charging. After charging, hold down the “Power” button to reboot the phone.
You can reset it as follows:
- With your phone connected to the charger, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Keep holding the Volume down key and press and hold the Power key.
- Press and hold both keys for at least 120 seconds, then release.
- When the Flash Boot screen appears on the screen, use the Volume up key to select the Normal Reboot option.
To avoid these problems in the future, charge your phone after the battery level reaches 10% to 5%.
Here is why your Motorola Moto G not charging in 2022.
Why my moto G won’t charge?
The battery level does not increase when connected or decreases rapidly when idle.
1. Incorrect charging connection
If the Moto G does not charge when plugged in, check that the charging cord is properly connected to the phone and the cord is properly connected to the charging source (wall socket or computer).
2. Running too many background apps
If your Moto G isn’t charging quickly, there may be too many apps running in the background. To check this, select the “Settings” app and check it under the “Battery” tab. From there, you can see which apps are using the most energy. Closing apps you aren’t using will help keep you charged.
3. Faulty charging cable
If the Moto G does not charge while properly connected, the charging cord may be damaged. To test this, try a different charging cord and a different wall outlet.
4. Damaged charging port
If your phone still won’t charge, the charging port may be damaged.
5. Damaged battery
If the battery is damaged, the phone may not charge rapidly or not fully charge. In this case, you need to replace your phone’s battery.
Frequently Asked Questions about Moto G Not Charging or Turning On
What should I do if my phone charger is plugged in but not charging my Motorola?
Check the charging port for bent or broken pins and lint for 5-10 seconds. If the device powers on but does not retain charge, power cycle the device, then charge it fully and test again. To avoid extended charging times or other charging issues, use a manufacturer-approved wall plug and USB charging cable.
How do I reset my Motorola battery?
Recalibrating your phone’s battery is a useful troubleshooting step if you’re having issues with your phone’s battery life.
- To start resetting the battery, press and hold the power button until the phone restarts.
- After the phone restarts, connect the wall charger to the USB plug on the bottom of the device.
- Charge your Motorola Moto G to 100%. Then leave it charged for a few hours after reaching 100%.
- The battery is now reset.
- Try using your phone for a day. If the problem is not resolved, come back and try the next solution.
Walkthrough: How to Fix My Motorola Phone Keeps Restarting?
How do I clean the charging port?
Turn off the moto g phones and clean the charging port using a can of compressed air. Make a few short explosions and see if the dust falls off. If using compressed air, make sure the can is upright to prevent water from getting inside the pot.
How do I know if my Moto G is charging?
When the device is turned on and charging, the battery icon in the top notification bar displays a charging indicator that looks like a lightning bolt inside the battery. When the device is turned off, the charge indicator in the center of the screen looks like a battery outline.
Why is my Motorola phone charging slowly?
In case of inaccurate or inconsistent battery levels, fast battery discharge, slow or erratic charging rates, sudden power off or reboots, battery calibration can solve the problem. Force reboot the device by pressing and holding the power button until the device reboots. Plugin the supplied charger.