- Dream Cheeky
One potential issue that could occur when using an Xbox console is not being able to connect to a DHCP server. This can be due to a number of different reasons, such as a problem with the network settings or an issue with the DHCP server itself. Let’s be with Dreamcheeky to find out the solutions for the problem Xbox can’t connect to DHCP server.
- 1 What is Xbox Can’t Connect To DHCP Server Error?
- 2 What Causes Xbox Can’t Connect To Your DHCP Server Error?
- 3 How to fix Xbox Can’t Connect To Your DHCP Server Error?
- 3.1 Fix 1 – Troubleshoot the Error Manually
- 3.2 Fix 2 – Factory reset Your Xbox
- 3.3 Fix 3 – Assign a static IP address to Xbox One Console
- 3.4 Fix 4 – Use a Different Ethernet Port Or Cable
- 3.5 Fix 5 – Enable/Disable the DHCP
- 3.6 Fix 6 – Power Cycle Xbox Console & Router
- 3.7 Fix 7 – Your XBOX Console May Got Banned
- 3.8 Fix 8 – Contact Xbox Customer Care
What is Xbox Can’t Connect To DHCP Server Error?
DHCP Server: DHCP Server is an associated device with your router/network equipment. The purpose of DHCP Server is to assign different devices on your home network to unique Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. If another device on your router network uses the same IP address as your Xbox console, your console will not be able to connect to that network/internet.
Several Xbox users experienced an error message that said: “Can’t connect with your DHCP Server” when trying to connect their console to the internet. This error means that the DHCP server could not assign an IP (Internet Protocol) to your console. This error can prevent you from connecting to the Network for specific reasons, resulting in a console network connection problem.
Your Xbox console configuration may e causing the error “Can’t Connect to Your DHCP Server” This error may also occur if another console or device is assigned the same IP address as your Console. Let’s look for the solution.
What Causes Xbox Can’t Connect To Your DHCP Server Error?
The most common error message states that you can’t connect to the DHCP server. This happens when another device on the same network has the same IP address as your Xbox console.
This problem can be solved by doing two things:
- Configuration of XBOX console that allows the server to associate an IP address.
- Configuration of your DHCP Server
How to fix Xbox Can’t Connect To Your DHCP Server Error?
Fix 1 – Troubleshoot the Error Manually
Manually troubleshooting is the first way to resolve the “cannot connect to DHCP Server Xbox” error.
- Turn off your XBOX console and wait 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn on your router and console.
- Now, use your remote to access the Menu
- Click on the Setting> Network
- Open the Network Setting Window and select the Test Network Connection option.
Fix 2 – Factory reset Your Xbox
If your Xbox does not have a Live server problem and your router has no internet connectivity problems, it is possible that your device isn’t having issues. If that happens, then the problem may be with the console.
Perhaps some other software prevents your console from connecting to the DHCP server.
Fix 3 – Assign a static IP address to Xbox One Console
Sometimes Xbox cannot connect to your DNS server error because of the dynamic IP address of the console.
All you have to do is assign the static IP address to your XBOX console. These are the steps you should follow:
- Turn on your console.
- Tap the Menu button, which can be found on the home screen.
- Click on the Settings option to open it.
- Click on the Network> Advanced Settings button.
- You can now see the IP settings in the open window. Copy this IP address and save it somewhere safe.
- You will find a MAC address in the IP settings. Here you can enter the 12-digit address of your home’s connection.
- Start your browser, then type the default gateway in the search bar.
- Now it’s time for you to log in to your router’s interface. Enter the username and password that you received on your router’s sticker to do this.
- Select the option to Enable Manual Assignment.
- Enter your MAC address and IP address in the open window that you have previously noted.
- Click the Add button.
- Start your game now by determining if the problem has been solved.
Fix 4 – Use a Different Ethernet Port Or Cable
You can also try changing the Ethernet cable or port. Here’s how to check it:
- Turn off your modem and your console.
- Now, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the two devices.
- You might try connecting the cable to different ports on your router or modem.
- The remote can be used to access the Menu
- Click on the Setting>Network option.
- Open the Network Setting window and click on the Test Network Connection button.
Fix 5 – Enable/Disable the DHCP
In most cases, Xbox cannot connect to DHCP servers error is resolved by disabling/enabling the server.
Follow these steps to deactivate the server.
- Start by pressing the Windows + X key on your keyboard. Next, choose Network Connections from the menu.
- This will bring up the Ethernet Properties window. Double-click on the active network connection to open the Properties window. Next, choose the Properties Option.
- Click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 and 6, then select the Properties
- Select the option “Use this IP address”.
- Assign values like IP Address, default gateway, Subnet Mask, etc.
Note: You can return to static IP configuration after disabling the DHCP server.
If you make the wrong settings, you could end up with an internet connection loss.
- Next, press the Windows + X key on your keyboard. Then from the open menu, select Network Connections.
- This will bring up the Ethernet Properties window. Double-click on the active network connection to open the Properties window.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and 6, then select the Properties.
- Click on both the “Obtain the IP Address Automatically” and “Obtain the DNS Server Address Automatically” options. Next, click on the OK button.
Once you’ve enabled the DHCP server, make sure to restart your computer to apply the changes.
Fix 6 – Power Cycle Xbox Console & Router
The temporary glitches that cause Xbox to not connect to your DHCP server are eliminated by power cycling the Xbox Console and Router.
These are the steps you need to take in order to Power Cycle Console And Router.
- Both the Console and router should be turned off.
- Unplug both the router and Console power cables. Give it a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Turn on both devices and wait for the connection.
- Use the Xbox Remote’s Menu button to access the Menu.
- Next, tap on the following option: Settings > Network> Network Settings. Then choose the “Test Network Connection” option.
After this, check if the Xbox connection failure error was resolved.
Fix 7 – Your XBOX Console May Got Banned
Microsoft has decided to permanently limit the Xbox One console’s ability to connect to its Xbox network after it was damaged.
The only option is to contact the Xbox Enforcement Support team and apologize for your bad behavior.
This is the only way to fix your device that cannot connect to the server.
Fix 8 – Contact Xbox Customer Care
If the issue persists, then try contacting the Xbox Customer Care
This is the official Xbox customer support page and will help you resolve your can’t connect DHCP server Xbox error.