For years now, many game developers have been looking to figure out the best way to allow gamers to play with their friends regardless of console. The answer, cross-platform gameplay has become one of the hottest topics among industry insiders.
At the DICE summit, John Smedley, CEO of Daybreak Games, discussed the possibility of Battlefield 5 becoming available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
But the most discussed issue that Is Battlefield 5 cross platform? Dream Cheeky will have to wait and see.
Battlefield 5 – Quick Introduction
Battlefield 5 is a first-person shooter developed by DICE and published in Electronic Arts. Battlefield games are well-known for significant multiplayer battles with up to 64 players per map. The mode determines the goal of each round it is in (Conquest, Controlling flags).
Each game has a story campaign that is very different from the multiplayer experience. It contains more dialogue than usual FPS games and includes stealth gameplay elements.
All gamers give this game a thumbs-up because it has many great new features and gameplay mechanics. Everyone has been wondering if Battlefield V would be cross-platform. Let’s get to the bottom of it.
Is Battlefield 5 Cross Platform in 2022?
That’s the short answer to your question: NO. Battlefield 5 currently doesn’t allow cross-play gaming. This means you won’t play with your friends on different platforms such as PS5, or Xbox series.
It will be interesting to see how this evolves as more gamers desire a seamless experience among their favorite games.
EA DICE has made this decision for several reasons:
- First, players could be given an unfair advantage by their devices having more power than the rest.
- It is also against the purpose of this game.
- DICE also wants to balance platforms for everyone to have fair play.
Battlefield V is not currently cross-play, but that doesn’t mean it will be shortly. The game developers seem to be paying attention to player feedback and will make changes.
Cross-platform play has been a growing concern in the gaming sector. Fortnite and other games are leading to a game that can be played on all platforms, especially now.
Maybe this article is useful for you: Is Neverwinter Cross Platform?
BATTLEFIELD V MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Processor (AMD: AMD FX-8350)
- Processor (Intel), Core i5 6600K
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics card (NVIDIA: NVIDIA GTX 1050/ NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB)
- Graphics card (AMD: AMD Radeon(tm), RX 560 / HD7850 2GB)
- DirectX 11.0 Compatible video card, or equivalent
- Online Connection Requirements 512 KBPS Internet connection or faster
BATTLEFIELD V RECOMMENDED SYTEM REQUIREMENTS
- 64-bit Windows 10 and later
- Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
- Processor (Intel),: Intel Core i7 4790, or an equivalent
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Graphics card (NVIDIA), NVIDIA GeForce(r), GTX 1060 6GB
- Graphics card (AMD: AMD Radeon(tm), RX 580 8GB)
- DirectX 11.1 Compatible video card, or equivalent
- Online Connection Requirements 512 KBPS Internet Connection or Faster
- Available Disk Space: 50GB
- Hard-drive space: 50GB
Is Battlefield 5 Cross-Platform PC or Xbox?
Battlefield V does not support cross-play on Xbox One and PC. This means that Xbox One gamers cannot play with players on the PC. This means that if you and your friend have Battlefield V on Xbox One, you can’t play the game together.
Many players were disappointed by this news. They wanted to see the Xbox One and PC communities united. We don’t always get what you want. Wait for the game’s cross-platform release or an update.
Is Battlefield 5 Cross-Platform PC or PS4?
Battlefield V does not allow cross-platform play on PC or PS4. This means that gamers on the PlayStation 4 can’t play on the PC. If your friend has Battlefield V on PlayStation, and you have it on PC, you’ll need to purchase the other console.
Is Battlefield 5 Cross-Platform PS4 or Xbox?
No. Battlefield V does not support cross-platform Xbox and PS4 play. You will not be allowed to play with people on other platforms. If you want to play with your friends on PSN or Xbox Live, you must purchase the same console.
Is Battlefield 5 Cross-Platform PS5 & Xbox One?
Battlefield V is not cross-platform compatible with Xbox One and PS5. You cannot play with your friends on different platforms. If you play on PlayStation and your friend is on Xbox One, you will have to purchase the console of the other to continue playing.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Maximum Number of Players Playing Battlefield 5?
Answer: 64 players. Sixteen teams consist of four players each.
2. What’s The Campaign Like For Battlefield V?
The campaign for Battlefield V is unlike any other we have seen. It’s more dialogue-driven, so it will take longer to complete, and there are some stealth gameplay elements.
3. What About Playing Against Friends on Other Xbox, PS4, and PC Platforms?
No. It isn’t possible now, although it’s uncertain if that will change in the future. We will have to wait and watch.
4. What Are The Reasons Why The Studio Does Not Allow Cross-platform Play?
Developers claim it is against their game’s goals. It would also create an unfair advantage, as players with different devices have greater power than those on the other.
The much-discussed ‘Battlefield 5 Cross Platform’ finally came to an end. We can conclude that cross-play will be available between the Xbox One, and PC, but not team play. We can also figure out a base game for each platform, and the mode is currently being tweaked by DICE to work on a variety of media.
Thank you for reading our article. If you have any suggestions and comments, kindly post them below in the comment section.